We’re excited to offer you Virtual Fox Fest 2021 (October),
a three-day online conference presenting the latest in Microsoft Visual
FoxPro development techniques and interoperability with other
technologies. This conference provides a venue for VFP developers to
come together virtually to learn more about how our fellow developers
are using and extending VFP. For details about Virtual Fox Fest, please
The conference is going to be on October 14th, 20th, and 26th, 2021.
We’ve issued the Call for Speakers for Virtual Fox Fest.
If you are interested in presenting, please read the document referenced in that page and consider submitting sessions.
Each year, we post a list of topics suggested by attendees on the previous
year’s conference evaluations to help people who want to submit proposals.
(Here are the last few versions: 2020,
Here’s this year’s list, including suggestions from both Virtual Fox Fest
2020 and the one-day Virtual Fox Fest May 2021, organized and de-duped. Of
course, we also welcome topics not on this list and submitting a topic from
this list doesn’t guarantee we’ll choose your session.
- VFP Advanced real-life migration experience
- More on VFP Advanced and C++ compiler and relevant 32/64 bit controls
- X#/WebAssembly integration
- More on options for moving out of VFP
- More on X#
- Converting a VFP app to FoxInCloud
- More web development topics
- SQL Server connecting with VFP
- Moving from VFP Backend to SQL Server
- Alternate back-end tables for a single-user desktop app
- Connecting to external databases (mysql/postgresql)
- Extending VFP
- More on alternatives to Chromium for interacting with Web content
- Comparison of services for virtual apps and considerations for multiple users
- TS Plus
- VFP integration with modern technologies/web
- .NET Bridge
- Interfacing VFP with hardware like barcode scanners, RFID readers, and IoT hardware
- A deep dive into FoxCode.dbf
- Deep dive into XFRX, GDI+ and additional VFPX add-ons
- VFPX updates
- Is VFP still viable in today’s world?
If there are topics you’d like to hear about at Virtual Fox Fest 2021 (October), please add them in the comments. If you’re interested in speaking at Virtual Fox Fest 2021 (October), check out the Call for Speakers.
Here are some follow-up notes about Virtual Fox Fest 2021 (May), the second online event hosted by Geek Gatherings:
- Videos for all presentations are now available on YouTube for free to everyone, as our contribution to the VFP community. Be sure to subscribe to our channel.
- If you didn’t attend Virtual Fox Fest and want materials (white papers and sample code) for the presentations, go to https://geekgatherings.com/Registration and “register” for the conference. You’re not really registering since it’s over, but in the Registration Fees section of the registration page, you’ll see “Virtual Fox Fest 2021 Session Materials (download)”. The cost of the materials is $99. You can also purchase materials for the 2020 conference if you missed that, and there’s an opportunity to sponsor Virtual Fox Fest, which means your name will be listed on our Sponsors page.
- The next Virtual Fox Fest is scheduled for this fall: October 14, 20, and 26, 2021. We’ll be issuing the call for speakers in the next week or two. Watch for announcements of speakers and sessions by the summer.
- We have tentative dates for an in-person Southwest Fox conference next year: October 27-30, 2022, at the same location as previous years: the SanTan Conference Center in Gilbert, Arizona.
- If you didn’t attend Virtual Fox Fest, check out our Facebook page and see what you missed, then plan to attend a future one so you can join in the fun.