We’re working on the Call for Speakers for 2018. So, as in 2017 and 2016, we’re providing a list of topics our attendees have asked for. These come from the evaluations filled out at last year’s conference. If you’re thinking of submitting session proposals, you may want to take a look and see whether anything on this list (or one of the earlier lists) is something you feel able to speak about.
The Call for Speakers says this, but we’ll repeat that we encourage submissions from those who haven’t spoken before. We think it’s healthy for our community to give new speakers a chance.
Here’s the list of topics last year’s attendees mentioned, cleaned up and consolidated a little. As you can see, they span a wide range of areas, from core VFP topics to extending VFP to business and technology.
- Some vfpx items
- More on keeping vfp and our apps modernized
- SQL Server
- Converting from DBFs to SQL Server or another SQL database
- How to download and/or scrape data from web pages
- How to automatically have an application post data into a web page.
- Not just cloudify but how to webify vfp.
- Continued Web topics.
- More on web development and maximizing knowledge of VFP in other environments.
- C# for VFP programmers part 2
- Architecture/OOP Design
- Apple and/or other watch apps
- HIPAA compliance in general and in relation to VFP
- Team Building
- More on the marketing side
- Challenges of the Independent Consultant Part 3
If there are topics you’re hoping we’ll cover this year, please add them in the comments.